Lyretail mollies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have absolutely fallen in love with this fish. To me that would be next fish i want absolute most next to angelfish. Even after thinking I was set on a dwarf gourami earlier today I've found myself forgetting about the gouramis and only wanting a lyretail molly. Would having a lyretail Molly be completely out of the question for my 10g? Are mollies a fish that needs to be in a school to be healthy and happy or will they be ok alone? I spent time on google but can't find if they are a schooling fish or not. If its possible for me to have a lyretail Molly the other fish I am considering are endlers livebearers.

Mrs.h2012 said:

Bumping threads is against the forums rules. A Molly should ideally be housed in a 20g , a ten is too small. So I'm going to say know. They don't need a school to be happy but they do like company of other mollies. I wouldn't see problems with mollies and livebearers but not in a 10g

Like Samzer said. They are not schooling fish but do best with company. 3 is a good number. I would not do mollys in a ten

You've been advised in another thread that lyretail mollies need a larger tank. I'm not sure why you started this separate thread to ask about it.

Back
Top Bottom