Mag 24 with 46 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

incloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm working hard at getting my new sump up and running. I bought a Mag 24 thinking I was going to have plenty of power not realizing it was too much, I put the Mag 24 on Craigslist and a guy called me offering a Mag 12 and 40 bucks as a trade, but have to wait for him to finish his tank (couple weeks). I hate that I shouldn't use this pump, what a great deal I got! Or so I am hearing from many people against it. I'd imagine it would be annoyingly loud. It's a pretty tight fit where it would have to go. I don't know, looks like I'm going to have to hold off a while on the sump until I get the right parts. Here's a couple pics of what I'm working with. My plan is to have my return go to a T that runs my 1/2" spraybar going along the entire back of my tank. The spraybar is connected by two elbows currently being fed by a Fluval 305 and a Fluval 306. In place of the Fluvals, my sump return would feed the two elbows that connect my spraybar. Also, coming off the Mag 24 would be a T that would run back into my first sump chamber through a filter sock. The overall length of the Mag 24 return would go through approximately 8 feet of pipe, 4 elbows and up about four feet. This has to sound confusing but in the end with my logic would give me plenty of flow through the spraybar while taking the excess power of the pump to add extra filtration through a second filter sock. I'll leave it at this for now until someone chimes in.

IMG_20121227_214426.jpg

IMG_20121227_214737.jpg

IMG_20121227_214805.jpg

Any and all suggestions are immensely welcomed...Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom