MAJOR score today!!!! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
I managed to pick up a 29 gallon tank, stand, 20 lbs of fairly decent gravel, fluorescent light, and UGF (I won't use that)...all for $65!!! I was the 1st to call when I saw the add in the paper!

I'm on the way to the shellie tank of my dreams!!! What a great day!!!

That is quite a good deal. Just make sure there is no visible flaws in the glass and seal.

Yep, that's the plan. I'm going to clean it this weekend (it's filthy) and I'm going to let it sit for a while with water in it to check if I'm going to have to reseal anything. Man, what a deal...y'all should see the stand!!! 8O Worth *at least $65by itself*. I'll take pics and post!!! I couldn't have done better than this at WM!!!

Congrate!

You can also check local craigslist, sometimes I found free tank/stand. Most often is piano, but it is too heavy and too big to carry.

Good deal!!!

I got a 55 a couple of weeks ago in exchange for installing some cabinets...I feel you excitement

Thanks y'all!! I am so stoked about this find. It is so awesome to score this big!!! I'm so ready to set the shellie tank up I might even get my computer room clean so I can have room for the tank. I think I'm going to go with a cannister filter only for this tank.

Input anyone?

I'd love to have a shellie tank again! They're so interesting. Know which ones you're going with yet?

Oh yeah, I've needed help from Dr. Phishtanque for QUITE sometime now!!! LOL I'm a sick puppy.

I have decided to go with the L. occellatus. Occies are so cute with their little frog faces and I've researched all the shellies and they seem like they have personality PLUS. I know I will have to set up plenty of rocks and shells. I'm probably going to go with crushed coral substrate to raise my 7.2 pH up, but my hardness is 300 ppm so I think I'm good there. I'm not going to do any plants in this tank, unless it's just java fern on the rocks or something.

Forgive my ignorance but what is a shelly? I've been around this forum for quite a while and never saw this term yet?

Back
Top Bottom