Male Guppies Fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaTetra

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my fairly well-established (5 months now) 37 gallon tank, with good ammonia and nitrate levels, i have some Endler's Guppies. For the first month they schooled with the tetras I have, and gradually became more brave and broke off. In the past week they were doing a bit of occasional chasing (just a quick dart and a dodge), something my tetras have done for almost three years. Not frequent, just once or twice a day. Theres no females or anything, and a sufficient amount of hiding space although I need to place my driftwood and a few more plants for it to be complete. Then today I get home and one is way pale and stressed looking being chased all over by the slightly larger one. They weren't just nipping, it seemed to me it was a bit more serious. I fed them and they stopped, but will they go to the extent of killing each other like bettas? If so, in 20ish hours I can get my fish less 10 gallon back to running (a power outage stopped the motor in and I need to fiddle with it a bit.)

Back
Top Bottom