Male or female guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This guppy was sold to me as a male cobra. But considering the small size of the tail fin and the lack of coloration, I'm wondering if it's actually a female. Can anyone tell me?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416372210.030727.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416372226.660200.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416372246.010389.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416372258.161747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Too much color pattern on the body to be female. Look close enough you can see the coloration washed out on the body. Could be stress poor diet or just unlucky case of not looking so great from birth.

The fins are clamped so it's difficult to say, males have a pointy anal fin while females have a round one. It's probably stressed so give it a few days and post a pic of when it's fins are not clamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Male.. I actually had one in The exact same color pattern. Your's looks kinda weak or stressed out

Also, female's are bigger than males so it should be fairly easy to sex them

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would say male too. It does not have the classic female body shape and too much colour for it to be female. One pic, it looks like the anal fin is pointy too, another indicator it's male.

Back
Top Bottom