Male or female.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very pretty female. Congrats.

Thank you. You are one of the few who helped me with tryna figure out what he was. Thanks again. I can't wait till I can find a male her size. I have a male in there now buy he is about. 1/4 get size. Lol

Thank you. You are one of the few who helped me with tryna figure out what he was. Thanks again. I can't wait till I can find a male her size. I have a male in there now buy he is about. 1/4 get size. Lol

Don't lose hope on him yet. He could start a growth spurt and catch up with her. With every jack I have ever owned the males grew much faster than the females.

Very beautiful colors!

I just saw a pair of these at the lfs yesterday, and one of the fish was caring for the eggs, the eggs were in a terra cotta saucer and the fish was moving them or picking them up from the gravel and moving them to the back of the tank. It was so interesting to see this!

Don't lose hope on him yet. He could start a growth spurt and catch up with her. With every jack I have ever owned the males grew much faster than the females.

B) that is Kool. I'm glad to here that. I will never lose hope when it comes to my fish. Lol I think I speak for everyone who keeps aquariums as an obsession. Lol it's funny because at first she would chase him around A LOT. And now they swim next to each other occasionally. He will get close and she might give chase a bit but never strike.

Very beautiful colors!

I just saw a pair of these at the lfs yesterday, and one of the fish was caring for the eggs, the eggs were in a terra cotta saucer and the fish was moving them or picking them up from the gravel and moving them to the back of the tank. It was so interesting to see this!

Thank you!!!!!! Very much. . Wow that's awesome. Yeah I heard they Kay there egg on rocks and stuff. I have to make sure I have everything they need to feel comfy enough to breed. I have no predators in the tank besides them. And one single African. Which will be re homed if the JD's end up pairing up

Yeah any male I have ever kept has grown super quick. My last male grew roughy to 8" in less then 8 months.

HOLY FISH GROWTH. !!! That's some serious growing the lil guy did. Do you still have them? Any pics!?

People always refer to jds as a "med" size cichlid. Which I find funny. I have grew out at least 5 that got over 10". Never a female I think my largest was 8" or so.

One got to 10 3/4" and was in a 29g o_O

Keep up on the WC's and feeding good pellets as the staple that male will catch her in no time.

Will do. I have them on a pretty good diets I give them bloodworms 2 times a week and shrimp pellets (frozen) and give them flakes the rest no the days. Iim thinking of putting in a cucumber. Should I do something to it before I put it in the tank?

Buy some hakari gold. That's about the best source of food you can give them(pellets. Nls, is another great pellet.

I would only feed mine frozen once a week. Was pellets and crickets the rest of the time.

Buy some hakari gold. That's about the best source of food you can give them(pellets. Nls, is another great pellet.

I would only feed mine frozen once a week. Was pellets and crickets the rest of the time.

That's a great diet for the fish. Thanxs for the tip, ill put that on my aquarium shopping list. Just because I wanna make sure I'm feeding him all the right stuff

She looks beautiful. You can also feed them worms as a source of protein. I will occasionally see one outside my house and throw it in the tank for my jds.

She looks beautiful. You can also feed them worms as a source of protein. I will occasionally see one outside my house and throw it in the tank for my jds.

Thank you. Wow really!!!!?? See I learn something new everyday. At least now I know when I go freshwater fishing ill bring the left over bait home lol.

Back
Top Bottom