Man-made Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddy-o

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone have any thoughts on this stuff? I like the environmental aspect of it, but want to make sure it is good to use.

I used it in one of mine, and it colored up nicely and with seeding I got lots of critters as well. I like how it can be molded to form lots of caves, etc.

Just be sure that it has been properly rinsed, so you're not dealing with leaching issues.

img_1642062_0_dbdeebc16b542f809eb88d83ff73a55e.jpg

there is a member that made his own rock for his 320g. there is a link to his videos in the DIY section of the forums. i just haven't seen him on in a while

It is great rock, but you still need some good live rock to introduce the good stuff so it can spread to the made rock.

It also took him about 3-4 months total before it had cured properly and he had it in the ocean for a while even. I had the same problem with mine. It is much easier and can be just as cheap to get it off of craigslist or a local forum.

put in the tank of your toilet so when you flush it it rinses everything out and toilets get alot of action :p

Back
Top Bottom