Mantis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quarry...you mantis' living quarters make mine look luxurious.
LOL, that was temporary after I caught him. I just filled up my qt tank 1/2 way and ran an airstone and a heater. It was all the water I could spare at the time.
The wife said no more tanks, so he went to the LFS. He has a nice little nano reef now. :) He was a cool little guy. :)
Everyone dreads them, but once you catch one and the worry is over, they are a lot of fun to watch!!

Mantis pic..

Here's mine. I've added a shot of his tank to my gallery.

Attachments

• 000_0256a.jpg
    000_0256a.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 191
What a cool dude!! :) Looks like the same kind I had. Wish I could have kept him. :(

Those eyes, I saw them all over the rockwork before I caught the one, now I can't find them anywhere, but I hear them and I think there is more than one left. I hear clicking now on both sides of the aquarium :( . My son and I have been up late trying to catch him/them. Got an extra qt tank running this time so I should be able to hold on to this one or pair of them for awhile. Got two traps going. One is more or less to let it get used to me feeding it (it's just a pop bottle with bait and some fishing line...leaving it there over night so they can come and go as they please.) I am hoping they get used to being fed in that pop bottle, it would really make things easier. Kurt, that picture looked a lot like the one i caught as well.

Well I am almost 100% sure I know which rocks they are in. they are in the 2 biggest rocks I purchased from LR.com. I am thinking of actually baiting them into nearby rocks that would be easy to retreive out of the water. Maybe I can catch them the same way I caught the other one. Thats how I caught my crabs. There are definately 2. Does anyone want them? I would keep them but I have 3 tanks going right now as it is and I just don't have the time.

Back
Top Bottom