MANY lighting Q's HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love this website like WHOA

ok.

this source: $178.93
:phttp://www.aquariumguys.com/current-nova-extreme24.html

off the top, do you know of another website that has it at a lesser value?

these are the plants i want to get:
red tiger lotus
_(forgot the name)_ swords
jungle valve (currently planted)
annubias(currently planted)

and then i'd like a plant that is very low in height,
and another that has a feather like appearance... i've seen it before, but have no clue how to search for it s name online so i can request it at the store....

my clown loache(s) are nibbling on the jungle valve.. are they just eating the snail eggs?

they ignore the annubias, which is awesome!

what i am currently concerned about is how to hide my iN-TANk, Cascade filter.

will it work just the same if the circular current is blocked by wood and rocks?

v:jump:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's slightly less expensive at ThatFishPlace.

There are several plants that have a feather like appearance. These tend to be very hard plants to grow in my experiance. The most likely plant would be Cabomba.

The best way to hid the filter would be to plant some tall plants in front of it. The Jungle Vals or a stem plant would work nicely.

my bad..

thanks for the additional source, i'm going to wait to measure because the first suggestion was 30 inches, and this one is only 24.

rather than order something too short, i want to double check my measurements.

those camboba plants are not what i'm looking for... my ideal look is large feather like leaves that have the same structure as a fern i see growing on the street in peculiar places. as if it was a weed.

i'll take a picture and attempt to unpload it to the website so you can see what i'm going for.. i don't even think there is such a delicate looking underwater plant...

thanks again

v:-D

got the light

ok. got the light.

it's a NOVA Extreme HO Light Fixture - 4 x 24W & Lunar Lights - 24 Inch

it's 11:25 pm, and i have the lunar lights on, but i think they are too bright, and it woke my fish up.

at this time, their tank is usually dark.

the "lunar" light effect seems like it will mess with my fish's sleep/wake cycle....will they adjust to this?

how long should the day time lights be on, and how long should the lunar lights be on?

in the meantime, i have to find timers that have a three prong feature because the one i have is only two...
:-(...

lame.

i should be changing the substrate soon, waiting for school to be done, but in the meantime, got the florite, and small size gravel.. just need sand...

and then?

plants. thanks for your suggestions..

it's something like that parrots feather!

thanks

v

:sleeping:

i would not advise using the adapter since that will leave the fixture ungrounded and that's not good especially around water. on those adapters the little metal fork that sticks out where the ground prong should be is supposed to be screwed to the center screw of the outlet which then grounds the plug. the 2 prong light timers have no way to ground the plug through it.

Just have to look for a heavy duty or outdoor light timer at the local hardware store.

ok.. the adapter thing was not going to solve my problem because i would have to spend money on temporary solution, when it's going to cost x amount of $'s to solve this long term anyways..

but i appreciate the suggestion, euphoria.

what i really am MORE concerned with is the effect these new lights have on my fish's sleep/wake cycle.

when do i run the lunar lights? should they stay on all night? or just after the day lights finish their cycle -- > when i go to sleep?

also, my new light has two 3-prong plugs for power, and two wall adapters.

the fans turn on when one of them is plugged in, but the other one doesn't do anything so i leave it unplugged..

how is this supposed to be set up!?

s----o confused with this high power lighting fixture.

please help.

v

:bowl:

Back
Top Bottom