Marimo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wwright

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any experience with the Marimo miss balls? I have had them before but they kind of started falling apart and eventually were kind of flat.

I used to have a few of them. I had a similar experience with it not retaining the round shape. Eventually, they started to take over my tank and spread over my driftwood and substrate. This is because they are not really moss balls- they're algae balls. Cladophora algae to be specific.

Even so they require much less to survive compared to plants, there are still basic care instructions you should adhere to. For one, you need to periodically pull them out and squeeze them. Then you should regularly turn them so they're not just on one side exposed to light. In nature, they're constantly tumbling around for that round shape. Lastly, if you supplement excel or glut, I believe too much will kill them. I don't even use excel in the same tank I keep my marimo in.

Back
Top Bottom