Marineland Model 4 Sump for Aqueon 210

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjbass

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will this sump be good enough for my 210 Megaflow?

The dimensions are:

38-13/16 x 15-7/16" x 15-21/32" high 125 to 265 gallons 1,400 gph

Will that be the only form of filtration? What will you be stocking the in the tank? I believe in heavy filtration. I have a 150 with dual megaflows with a Aquapro 175 sump and Fluval FX/5 due to the heavy bioload of Mbuna cichlids.

But to answer the question yes depending on stocking levels in my opinion.

This is all I was planning on using.

I am going to have a smallmouth bass and a bullhead catfish.

I am using two Maxi-Jet 4500's which each outputting 1,240 gph.

Man I hate catching bullheads...nothing worse than gettting zapped. As an avid bass angler the smallie thing is cool. When he's over 5.4 lbs give me a ring that my largest. Good luck and I'd like to see some pics!

Haha. I like catching them, but they are a little squirmy and can get you with those spines. I have never been stung by one of them, but I have been by a margined madtom.

Is that your largest one you caught or raised. I have caught some pretty big ones, but never weighed them.

Here is one I caught last year. I have a better one from last year, but I need to find the picture.

29191-albums985-picture6888.jpg

Here is a bullhead a caught once.

29191-albums985-picture6889.jpg

Largest one caught in the Wisconsin river last year. I have always been tempted to try my hand at a bass and blue gill tank. Never researched feeding them either...Minnows?, feeders?, nightcrawlers?, or will they take pellets at some point?

Great looking bronze but I still hate bullheads!!

Back
Top Bottom