Me Again lol, Dead Fish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuel-Bennett

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm proud to say I have no dead fish.

I went into a local pet shop a couple of weeks ago and they'd closed off their fish section, were getting new tanks, more tanks so they were installing new stands.

I went in today and it's open and looking lovely, thing is though, I noticed in one tank a dead Guppy floating, in another something else was dead, can't remember what but in about 4 tanks there were dead fish.

There was a member of staff there seeing to the tanks so it did seem like they're being cared for, and she took the fish out while I was there.

I wanted to get some Neons at the weekend and the tank with them in looked fantastic, really bright and shiny, they looked really nice.

so getting to my point lol.......

Should I be worried about the dead fish? or was it just a case of the fish being moved around then put back? maybe they got stressed? I did look to see if they'd be eaten or attacked or got eyes missing and stuff, they looked like healthy fish, as healthy as a dead fish can be, and the fish that are alive looked very healthy.

Do you think I should get some and see what happens or stear clear and go somehere else.

Also do you think I should learn to speak less and make a point? :p

Well,
I went to a local store last week to pick up a few things and they had the most adorable dalmation mollie, I said I would like to take her home. As the kid was trying to catch her I saw another fish float up in the tank. I said is that a dead fish, he said yes, I said forget it and left that lovely mollie right there.

The reason I didn't run out of the shop though is that in the store I got my other fish from they had a dead fish in one of the tanks I got 2 fish from and they're alive and well, so I think it's probably something that happens, it just doesn't look very good. I would go to the place I got my others from but they have hardly anything, and I really do want some Neons lol.

I like your avatar by the way :p I'm a huge Disney fan

thats what a qt is for. they get a lot of fish in some times they die. stress from being shipped maybe smaller one being picked on not getting food. there is countless reasons why a couple fish might be dead. at least they cared and removing them. i see no reason why you should buy fish there just qt them like any new fish you get in.

Back
Top Bottom