Medium biobag filter problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do I did my daily water change tonight and I noticed the water is going over my filter... Some is going through but there is a little going above I'll attach a picture of the filter. These are pre made bio bags so I can't take carbon out... This bag has only been installed for 2 weeks mate less do I have to change it already?

Do I did my daily water change tonight and I noticed the water is going over my filter... Some is going through but there is a little going above I'll attach a picture of the filter. These are pre made bio bags so I can't take carbon out... This bag has only been installed for 2 weeks mate less do I have to change it already?

Here's a picture

Attachments

• image-988136384.jpg
    image-988136384.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 50
Well found the culprit lol when I opened it up like you said I could see it was full of goop so I rinsed it with warm water and put it back in and it's fine now. I guess from doing water changes every day, anything I don't pick up with the syphon gets picked up by the filter.
Thanks for the help.
Dan

Did you rinse it in tap water? If you did, you shouldn't do that, it'll kill any of the good bacteria in it. You should really rinse it in tank water to make sure you keep the bacteria alive.

Ohhh noooo crap yea I rinsed with the tap water :/ ... I just did a water change too I could have used that :/

Back
Top Bottom