Metrixcide and it's affects on an aquarium. Journal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so my metrixcide came today. This thread will show the affects it has on my plants. I'll be posting pics couple times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Metricide; ) okay... we need more details, you want an official planted tank journal than all must be told.. lighting? Ferts? Photoperiod? Stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay, yes. The tank is a 55g. My light consists of 4 t5hos but only two have plant builds they are aqua flora and midday. My subtract is activ flora, I use root tabs and put in liquid ferts occasionally. I will start dosing metricide at 5ml each morning, I might increase the amount. My plants are all in the low to med low light range. Not sure how long to leave the light on that's one question I would like an answer to. My stocking is a little crowded but I have plans for all the fish and most I'm just keeping until they pair.
Stock:
6 angle fish a double dark, domestic silver, and 4 platinum angels (still babies).
1 African butterfly fish
4 GBRs
3 Otos
7 black neons

Okay, I set the photo period to 12 hours.

I'd up the initial dose of met. To 15 ml and work up to a 25 ml daily dose. 12 hours is to long, start at 7 and see how the algae goes.

Okay, before I left for school I dosed 10ml, my light used to be set to 7 hours but I upped it to twelve. So it would turn on before I left for school and stay on for a while when I got home.

Do you have it on a timer?

Well you could do what I do? On 6-9 am for morning viewing and fert/glut dosing, off 9-4, on 4-9 for evening viewing and feeding.

Do you manually do that, or do you have a very advanced timer.

Just a multi setting digital do hicky

Oh, I just have an on and off digital timer.

Oh, I just have an on and off digital timer.

I found the same thing with the digital timers. Basically one on/off cycle. The analog rotary style ones can turn on/off as many times during the day.

I somehow broke my analog rotary timer. So when I bought a new timer it was two digitals ones for $7.

If the timer only allows for one on/off period then I would skip the morning session (*should be getting ready for school) and have it come on the the afternoon only for 6-8 hours.

*Parent voice

I have two timers similar to the one pictured.
That Woods timer looks like a good deal. 20 programmable on/off cycles per day? Get out of here!
Question: is the Woods timer 2 or 3 prong?

Yah I'm very happy with it, 20 yes, remember when I got it? Set it for 10 on/off cycles during the after noon, my gf thought the tank was haunted:) that model is a single out 2 prong, i have a splitter on it running 3 tanks/4 lights. The 3 prong model has 2 outs and that's been running 2 co2 solenoids flawlessly. Great for split photos/gas periods.

Back
Top Bottom