Microbe Lift Special Blend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone! I was at PETCO the other day and was looking at some cute little swordtails. i asked if they required any special care, and the guy said they were more sensitive and dainty. He recommended that i add some more beneficial bacteria called Microbe Lift Special Blend. Here's a link.
Microbe-Lift Special Blend Aquarium Bacteria at PETCO. Now, i learned the hard way not to always trust the fish store. Id like to know your pinions.

Bacteria products usually start a huge debate. Some people swear by them and some people swear at them. ;)

I know several people who have used the Special blend, but it's usually recommended to be used in conjunction with Microbe-Lift Nite-Out.

I used this to help cycle one of my tanks, and it finished in about 2-3 weeks. Other people have said it doesn't work, so idk how reliable it is. What were you think for using it for?

Yeah but what would be your purpose for using it? If you don't have a specific reason for using it, I wouldn't use it :)

Ok, it's your call. I just use that so I don't add extra chemicals and stuff to my tanks

mr.waffles1842 said:
well, i dont add bacteria to my tank, and my nitrates are super high..

If your tank is cycled, there is no reason to add bottled bacteria since you already have an established bio-filter.

What is your nitrAte level? NitrAtes are the end product of the nitrogen cycle in your aquarium, and we do weekly pwc's to keep them at or below 20. The beneficial bacteria is what actually creates the nitrAtes, not controls them. Adding bacteria will not help reduce nitrAtes, they can only be controlled with water changes or by heavily planting your tank.

Back
Top Bottom