Might have to sell these, need opinions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markstanfill

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wife lost her job a few months back, and things are starting to get pretty tight around here. So I may have to sell my planted tank equipment, and I was wondering what you all think I should put them on craigslist for. Ive got these:

175 MH - Mogul base, Magnetic remote ballast.
5lb C02 cylinder
Milwaukee regulator - Dual gauges, Solenoid, Needle valve, Bubble counter.
Glass Diffuser

Other stuff:

10g Tank, Hood, Light
20g Tank, Hood, Light
Penguin 100 /w wheel
Topfin 10 & 30 power filters
Topfin 30 Powerhead
Hagen air pump for 20g

My tropical fish have to go as well, as I will keep my wifes goldfish cause she loves them so much, so these are my fish to sell/rehome.

16 Neon Tetra - Grown
4 Otocinculus - Grown
6 Blue tetra - Grown
3 SAE - 3"
2 BN Pleco - 1 is 2" and 1 is 3"
3 Nerites - Nickel/Quarter size at base.
1 Sunburst Platty 1" and is a hybrid between sunburst and wagtail. Pretty fish.
1 Angelica Loach - 1"
Also MTS that I can give away.

All the fish are healthy, happy, and are on a vitamin regiment and have great coloring.

And lastly, my plants which will not be so happy once the light, co2, and ferts are all gone.

Java Fern - Huge, with attatched driftwood seat
Red Ludwigia - Strands 24" tall
rotala indie - ""
water wisteria - Huge bushes, same height
Najas Roraima - I think is the plant and I have loads of it the same height
Micro sword - 6 plugs that have sent tons of runners and cover a large portion of my tank.
Duckweed (If you want/can handle it)

Let me know what yall think I can sell and should just pass on. Thanks.

Sorry for your situation (I've been unemployed for a year now). No one will give you values as it is typically the local market that will dictate prices. But I will say it's typically pennies on the dollar. When I buy from craigslist, that's what I'm looking for, so that's what others would typically be willing to pay. Typically I don't say typically that much. :rolleyes:

My 2 cents

I'll have to agree with the above poster. The LFS really kinda dictates what your going rate will be. I'd say for the fish they usually range $2-$6 for the smaller kinds you have. (that's what the rate is here in my area) the loach will get more than that. I'd just check the craigslist for fish tank or aquarium stuff and see what the rate is there as well. Good luck with the sale and your current situation.

realistically, the light and regulator are the only things youre going to get any half-way decent money for... if you can make it any way without selling it, you'll be happy you didnt when it comes time to buy all that stuff in the future. Ive contemplated on selling one of my tanks because im in pretty much the same situation as you, but after thinking and thinking and thinking, ive decided that the money it would take me to set back up my 150 would be probably 10 times what i would get out of it with all the little stuff that ive invested in. Around here, going prices would probably get you about $500 for all of it, and thats if you are lucky enough to find somebody interested in some of the stuff like the regulator and light (not alot of serious aquarists around here)...

Back
Top Bottom