Miracle Mud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My personal view is that its not the cure all that they clame it to be.

This is from ecosystems website

Reversal of head and lateral line erosion (HLLE) in fishes.
Restoration and maintenance of fish and coral's health and vibrant colors.
Compatibility in various types of aquariums (fish-only tanks, coral-only tanks, or small polyped stony (SPS) reef tanks)
Natural denitrifier.

the bit about HLLE. Well people speculate that a grounding probe will do the same thing. Truth is there is no scientific evidence as to what cures HLLE but its speculated that a balanced diet and proper enviorment conditions goes a long way to preventing and curing in some cases.

How can a substrate keep a fish's color vibrant? I would have thought that proper nutriion would be a big part of this.

The compatibilty part is useless. So is silia sand or southdown sand or caribsea sand or cc.

natural denitrifer. well so is generic sand if placed in the correct depth.

I have heard such clames that tanks with miracle mud for filtration dont need water changes or dont need to be dosed for trace elements. IMO its all marketing smoke and mirrors.

fish, i have natural sand in my tank right now (thats why my nitrate levels are down so much i guess) but i was looking for any type of helpful media to go in my DIY wet/dry system im making and i came across "miracle mud" should i just throw in packs of carbon and ammonia removers from aquaclear filters? or is there anything else i should look for instead?

carbon should be used kind of sparingly as it will absorb the trace elements you desire in your tank.

Why not just add more sand to where ever you was going to use the miracle mud.

say thats a cool idea, in fact i still got it least 10 lbs of the stuff left from the beginning, ah ha ha! this is gonna be cheaper then i thought 8) :twisted:

I use instead of Miracle mud kent marine biosedment, works great FOR ME LOTS OF PODS :D

Back
Top Bottom