Missing lawnmower Blenny- SOS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinnasue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I have a well established 50 gallon SW aquarium featuring a rabbit foxface lo, clark clown, 2 blue damsels, an emerald crab, a skunk cleaner, and a lawnmower blenny. I got married just 8 days ago and went on my honeymoon. My new mother in law did a great job taking care of the place while I was gone. Everybody seems ok excpet...I can't find the lawnmower blenny. I can't even find his remains. The water tested perfect, salt is great, I had quite a bit of algae on the glass and surfaces (brown mostly). I did a water change when I returned and everyone is happy.

It is very odd to me that I cannot find his body should he have perished. My mother in law stated she did not have to flush anyone while I was gone.

I am so puzzled by this. It is not a huge tank. There are times when it was difficult to spot him but I always found him...any ideas? Could he have passed on and someone consumed him?

Thanks in advance,

Corinna (puzzled newlywed in PA)

WELCOME TO AA!!
Congrats on your wedding!
It is possible the clean up crew might have done their job. You might want to update "my info" with your tank size/equip/critters so we can help. If he doesn't come out he might not have made it....How often was he getting fed and what?

I feed every other day with Newlife spectrum marine pellets. Once a week I feed baby brine shrimp. The crab and the blenny have had plenty of algae in the past and seemed fine. I consulted with my aquairum dealer and this feeding seems sufficient. Fish color is very good and fish behavior is positive.

I believe my mother in law may have overfed a bit while I was gone.

PS- I updated my profile. Thanks!

Sure! I feed my tank every other day as well. He may have jumped or died, sorry for the loss.

PS- I updated my profile. Thanks!
Heheh, I finally took my own advice and re-updated my info as well!

I dont know if they are jumpers but did you inspect around the floor of your tank.

He's not on the floor...

They are jumpers, I checked all around the floor and no dice. He is gone.

Hmmm, sorry for your loss. What kind of lid do you have? Have you looked into egg crate to cover the tank?

Back
Top Bottom