mmmm.. food...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
from what i've gathered the prefered food for everyday feeding is the new life spectrum. my question is, should i get the small fish blend while my angels are still juvies, or should i just go with the freshwater community blend? stock is in sig.
also, will i have any problems switching my fishes diet? i've been using tetramin color enhancing flakes, which they all seem to like.
thanx - jr

I feed my juvi angels NLS Community Formula. I'm not sure on the size of the pellets since it is not listed but they are pretty small. Not as small as fry food though.

I feed the tank NLS...for some reason my angels (adults) will just nibble at them. The rest of the tank loves them. I also feed flake food along with others, for variety.

Ever since I've been feeding NLS Cichlid Formula, all my fish love it, including the plecos. I feed a little of that along with a little OSI Cichlid Aquarium Flake Food and some Vegi Flakes. Ocasionally, I'll also give some Freeze-dried plankton, frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, beef heart, and others.

so, when switching from a flake to a pellet, as long as i vary the diet in other ways (right now i supplement with brine shrimp and misis flakes) i shouldn't need to throw another flake in to the mix right? or should i have both (community flakes and pellets) on hand?

I prefer having a little of everything on hand, that way I have a variety. I have flakes, pellets, freeze dried, and frozen foods. As well as vegies.

Back
Top Bottom