Mollies Dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I am glad that you have survivors! :)
That very well could be and something didn't develop right. I would think it would be like taking meds while preganant. But I know I wouldn't think about it until after the fact.
Are you going to name them all Lucky? :p

Starka said:
Well, I am glad that you have survivors! :)
That very well could be and something didn't develop right. I would think it would be like taking meds while preganant. But I know I wouldn't think about it until after the fact.
Are you going to name them all Lucky? :p

Haha... No names they won't be staying...
I have 5 mollies that's enough. Definitely don't want more females and no Dalmatian ones.
There are 2 sunken bellied weaker ones that may not pull thru.
It's just exciting to see them thriving after all this...

There are 4 very fat (pregnant) healthy and active ones.... They have been this way for at least a month... And I don't recall those ever really having much trouble... They seem to have escaped unscathed...

I posted them up on Craigslist... For $1 each

Should I slowly decrease the aquarium salt in the tank so they are used to plain freshwater without salt? It has 2 tbsp in the 10g. OR should they be fine with it transferring into a new home?

View attachment 79081

View attachment 79082

View attachment 79083

I would now slowly decrease the salt content in your tank. Going from salty to complete fresh in their new owners tanks would shock them.

Someone text me.. I think they're going to pick up the 3 Dalmatians...

Leaving the white one to me??? :-D actually I really like her...

cheeky_monkey said:
I would now slowly decrease the salt content in your tank. Going from salty to complete fresh in their new owners tanks would shock them.

I've downed the salt twice in the last 24 hrs,.. From 2 tbsp to 1/2 tbsp

No one wound up buying them... So I put them up for free with request to tell me about the setup they're going in... Figuring in a large group the LFS only gives me .40 each.. So it's cheaper to give them away than continue to feed everyday..

HOPEFUL!!
Someone text me.... They want to pick them up on Thursday ... They have a 100g corner community tank planted with driftwood.
Let's see if they show up!

ocminpin said:
HOPEFUL!!
Someone text me.... They want to pick them up on Thursday ... They have a 100g corner community tank planted with driftwood.
Let's see if they show up!

More good news! Well we know that they will be going to a roomy home.

Starka said:
More good news! Well we know that they will be going to a roomy home.

Totally roomy! The guy says he's had smaller tanks for years and finally got the big one. He's got Tetras, Loaches & Algae Eaters ... Says he's take anything I wanted to give him.
At the moment it's just those 4... Other mollies in growout tank are too small and so are the platies of course.. They'll reach full size by 2099! LOL
It's funny... I have all my adults in my 29g and I'm thinking... Dang, I'm overstocked... I need a 40g! :-/

ocminpin said:
Totally roomy! The guy says he's had smaller tanks for years and finally got the big one. He's got Tetras, Loaches & Algae Eaters ... Says he's take anything I wanted to give him.
At the moment it's just those 4... Other mollies in growout tank are too small and so are the platies of course.. They'll reach full size by 2099! LOL
It's funny... I have all my adults in my 29g and I'm thinking... Dang, I'm overstocked... I need a 40g! :-/

Maybe you should get a 100 gal ;) you would have plenty of room. Lol

Starka said:
Maybe you should get a 100 gal ;) you would have plenty of room. Lol

SHHHH!! lol

No.. Don't want a tank that big... I'd feel out of control... Too many options I can't afford LOL plus I'm in a condo complex on 2nd level... Granted it's parking garage below me, but still. :) I'm still working with a bucket and a siphon rated 5-15g... For my 29, 20 & 10.... Takes awhile!!!

ocminpin said:
SHHHH!! lol

No.. Don't want a tank that big... I'd feel out of control... Too many options I can't afford LOL plus I'm in a condo complex on 2nd level... Granted it's parking garage below me, but still. :) I'm still working with a bucket and a siphon rated 5-15g... For my 29, 20 & 10.... Takes awhile!!!

Lol
I know how that feels. But I am glad you were able to find them a good home :)

Back
Top Bottom