Mollies Dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are the remaining twelve sickly or healthy looking ? Hopefully they will pull through

Mumma.of.two said:
Get some marine salt too. IMO its still an option to look at.

Okay I will. I added 1 tbsp of aquarium salt after my 80% PWC and the 4 more active ones started chasing each other around the tank like crazy!

Petsmart didn't have nor have they ever heard of malachite green... I was directed to Tetracycline, which I didn't get.

I got a 1.45 LB bag of Oceanic natural sea salt mix says makes 5 gal... How much do I use for my 10g? I put in 1 tbsp aq salt earlier...

Do you have a hydrometer yet?
You need to PWC and remove the FW treatment salt. It is different to the marine salt. Do some researching on how much salt. Start off with a little and slowly increase.

Mumma.of.two said:
Do you have a hydrometer yet?
You need to PWC and remove the FW treatment salt. It is different to the marine salt. Do some researching on how much salt. Start off with a little and slowly increase.

No I didn't get the hydrometer because it was $8.99! Isn't it cheaper online? Thought I remember it was only a few bucks. Is the hydrometer absolutely necessary since it's only this tank that will have the salt? I can probably get it in a few days.

Mumma.of.two said:
No idea but that seems kinda cheap to me. :/

Edit:
Jut been on eBay and yes that is cheap. About $10-$100au from what I saw.

Wow... Hmm.. You're also the one who gets a $10 Oto! ;-)
I'll get one..

ocminpin said:
Wow... Hmm.. You're also the one who gets a $10 Oto! ;-)
I'll get one..

Just make sure it goes all the way down to 1.000, the first one I got only went down to about 1.150, and I had to return it.

The only reason they're necessary is because after water changes and evaporation it's nearly impossible to know how much salt is in the water, but you should be fine without one for a few weeks.

I'm really glad you're trying it. My mollies have been so healthy since I did it. They used to get fungus on their eyes and mouth before. I always had to use the fungus clear tabs, I like not having to put any chemicals in the tank now.

I am hesitantly pleased to announce approx 40 hrs without a death..,
I'm going to start the switch to brackish tomorrow...

GREAT NEWS!

There seem to be 7 healthy and active fish from different mothers, all different ages.......
2 Silver Mollies--Charger
4 Dalmatian Mollies--Cruella
1 Dalmatian Molly--Maggie (my first original batch of babies)

One of the little silver ones thought it would be fun to jump in the test tube while I got a water sample! The rest follow my hand on glass and nibble my fingers when I put them in the tank.

(there are 3 others that I dont think will make it)

View attachment 73304

View attachment 73305

Back
Top Bottom