Mollies getting thinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddipsydavid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some sunset mollies from local fish shop. I checked them all before i bought and they seemed ok. 3weeks later they are getting thinner and thinner though they are eating lots.
Anyone any ideas please?

It may just be an issue with these particular fish, if it hasn't affected the other fish already it may not, but this is why it's good to quarantine new arrivals for a few weeks. I'd likely treat with jungle anti-parasite food or parasite clear.

jetajockey said:
It may just be an issue with these particular fish, if it hasn't affected the other fish already it may not, but this is why it's good to quarantine new arrivals for a few weeks. I'd likely treat with jungle anti-parasite food or parasite clear.

I've used Jungle's parasite clear before and it worked pretty well from what I can remember. Does it harm the BB in your filters at all? Sorry to get off topic.

Aces11 said:
I've used Jungle's parasite clear before and it worked pretty well from what I can remember. Does it harm the BB in your filters at all? Sorry to get off topic.

It didn't have any effect on my BB! My only complaint about it was I had to crush it up a lot, otherwise it sank to the bottom and my shrimp got to it and ran off with it before my fish could get any.

PaulG5372 said:
It didn't have any effect on my BB! My only complaint about it was I had to crush it up a lot, otherwise it sank to the bottom and my shrimp got to it and ran off with it before my fish could get any.

You were using the dissolving tablets right? It sounds like yours was a food or something.

Aces11 said:
You were using the dissolving tablets right? It sounds like yours was a food or something.

I was using their food. It works much better for internal parasites compared to the dissolving tablets as the fish actually eat the medication.

The dissolving tablets may work for internal parasites somewhat but are better off used for external parasites.

Back
Top Bottom