Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmorton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 16 molly babies that I just moved into a new tank two days ago. It's a 10 gallon tank with a new filter and gravel. I know that since the tank is so new, the nitrifying bacteria haven't been able to colonize yet. The tank is probably too small for them, but they were in an even smaller tank before and were fine for about 4 months. One of the babies died today from what I believe to be some form of rot or fungus. The scales on its back were grayish, it stayed near the bottom of the tank, and its eyes were completely black. A few of the others have been exhibiting the same behaviors and I don't know what to do. I can go to the store tomorrow, but tonight the only things I can do are a water change and use the maracyn I have, which I've heard may not help that much. I've heard adding marine salt can get rid of rot and fungus, so I might pick some of that up tomorrow. What else do I need? I know some people have beautiful tanks where fish thrive, but I've never had much luck keeping fish happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom