Molly breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 55g the only mollies I have at the moment are a black female Molly a white lyretale male Molly and a female that looks like a wild Molly. Over the last couple days the male has been trying to breed with the black Molly and stays away from the other Molly. Any idea of why this is happening?

Keep calm and drum on

I have a white lyretail ballon male and gold ballon female. They breed like mad. I just added a female black (regular) molly to give my gold one a break, and because it was a nice looking fish and cant him to even notice her. Odd thing is she seems to chase him around trying to "get some" but he just ignores her.

I have a white lyretail ballon male and gold ballon female. They breed like mad. I just added a female black (regular) molly to give my gold one a break, and because it was a nice looking fish and cant him to even notice her. Odd thing is she seems to chase him around trying to "get some" but he just ignores her.

Mine does the same thing. I think it may have to do with the one that looks like a wild one isn't a pure Molly it's a cross between guppy and Molly but the females are the same age and share a father so I'm not sure if that would affect it

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom