molly fry???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miiah is da bomb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a molly that will give birth (black) in about a week or to. the male that breed with her has now breed with another female (silver). the babies from the silver molly shouldn't be born for at lest 4-6 months. i was wondering if the fry from the black molly would be large enough for the other female not to eat them but small enough not to eat the new fry.
:Dthanks:D

Try posting this in the Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding section, you'll get more responses.

To answer your question anyways since i'm here, they fry will might be big enough to eat the fry, but it's hard to say, it depends on the size of the tank the black mollies fry are going to be grown up in and what you feed them. They most likely won't be big enough to eat the silver fry you will be expecting. Good luck with the babies Miiah.

I agree with FishCrazy that you would have better luck in the right forum but thats alright. Everyone has done it at one time or another.

If he has already bred with her then she will give birth i about a month. All livebearers give birth very often. I currently have 2 1/2 month old fry and they are no where near big enough to eat some of my new born fry. hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom