Molly gave birth but is still pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crissy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sunshine gave birth on 22/5/21 to 15
But she is still pregnant and getting bigger
So is the black pregnant spot , what's happening

Molly’s and guppies will have fry every month to few months. The black spot never fully disappears so that is plenty normal.

Not sure if you have seen the photos of her , she is still very much pregnant , I'm more worried now that the fry are dead and she just won't push the rest out putting her in danger of passing away :( , she is very swollen in the belly and she is very very swollen around birthing area , I can see the fry in side

This is Sunshine , she has gotten a bit bigger than the pic's and more swollen around the birthing area , she is eating moving around and at times she just sits in one spot , she does a lot of little pop's , I have her in a mesh breeding tank , ( she is in the clear plastic birthing box in the pic's as I badly needed to clean her mesh area ) , will she have the rest ( alive or dead ) I am very attached to her and don't want to loose her

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_145528.jpg
    IMG_20210523_145528.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210523_145551.jpg
    IMG_20210523_145551.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210523_145523.jpg
    IMG_20210523_145523.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210523_145612.jpg
    IMG_20210523_145612.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 28
Huh. I am unsure. I haven't seen any fish with that big of bellies compared to the length of the fish. Is she swimming alright? She seems like she is alright in the pictures, but its hard to tell.

Personal opinion here: I wouldn’t keep her in a separate fry box unless other fish you have are picking on her. I’ve never had good luck with those. It seems to just stress the fish out to be stuck by the lights.

She was only in that so I could clean out the mesh box witch is bigger than the plastic box , and yeah she is perfect , eating , swimming around , very active , every now and then she will be still ( I get my hopes up ) but then she'll go about picking around the bottom and sides of the mesh , she is off to the side of the lights , I also start turning the lights off one by one of a night so all my fish have a day and night , I also have her in my 90L tank with fry baby's only so she's not getting picked on , iv'e done water test and all is very good :) , I just want her to have the rest of the fry (alive or dead) so I can put her in the other tank with the other adults

Back
Top Bottom