Molly or Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love my little black molly :) she's the spunkiest little thing... she pretty much runs my 29 gallon lol.

Davies97 said:
Yes I'm planning of having a nice little set up with the following in

1 Male Guppy 2 Fenale Guppy
1 Male Platy 2 Female Platy
1 Male Molly 2 Female Molly
1 Male Swirdtail 2 Female Swordtail
And a couple of tetras in a shoal

Do you have a bazillion fry tanks? LOL :)
8 females on rotation! Whew!!

Davies97 said:
Ha Ha I like black Mollies as well i fin they are full of energy and the last time i went to the LPS they were following my finger

My mollies rub affectionately on my hand and come and push each other out of the way to demand to sit in my hand first... Very sweet :)
I have: Dalmatian, Creamsicle, Silver, and Black.

I also have 2 Gold Twinbar platies

blackmolly said:
what he needs is a big old oscar to help with culls ;)

NOOOOOOOO LOL ;-)

I've been selling them to my LFS... last round gave me $10 for 25.

That very night one of my females gave birth to around 60 and I was able to save 44 when I woke up the next morning...

ocminpin said:
NOOOOOOOO LOL ;-)

I've been selling them to my LFS... last round gave me $10 for 25.

That very night one of my females gave birth to around 60 and I was able to save 44 when I woke up the next morning...

Not a bad profit is it

I recently got some some wild caught native mollies and they are pretty cool, interesting that they are already interactive with me considering they were on the business end of a net only a few weeks ago.

I haven't had platy since I was a kid but we have mollies now and I would recommend them to anyone.

We have:
gorgeous green sailfin male
creamsicle female
sunset female
dalmation female

and 48 fry currently :)

mollys or platies

I like both; unfortunately those I bought from a "big name' pet store did not last long. Several croaked in a few days, and of the 8 total, only two are still swimming around. Pet store told me to bring in a water sample; i did.
Told me to change half the water each week. I do once every other week anyway. Sold me "medicine drops" to keep the fish healthy. But for now it does not matter much, because i have other tank problems.
But . . .as soon as the thing is re-establish, I definitely will get some more. They seem to be great bottom feeders.
HN

I love the friendliness of the mollies but the platies are so colourful its hard to choose between the both

I've got black mollies, and I love the bold black aspect they bring to the tank. I also have some sunset fire platies and everyone comments on their colors. Can't go wrong either way IMO.

Any kind of Molly. Just do your research. Mollys get to be 5 inches. I think plattys are ugly

I dont really like either, but if i was forced to pick, i'd go with those high fin mollys

Back
Top Bottom