Molly swimming funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tikimonqee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so my female had fry about a week and half ago. I was able to save 9 fry. Out of these fry I have one since the day he was born he would be swimming fine one minute then all of a sudden he starts to spin out of control all over the tank hitting bottom then spin to the top, a few times I thought he was dead as he was on his back at top but he would flip over and then start swimming normal again. I have him in a breeder box now in the breeder tank. I figured separating him may keep him a little safer to not get hung up in a current or anything. :facepalm:

He eats as much as the others and he was hanging out with all the fry mollies and fry angels until I moved him into breeder box.
Anyone have any idea what is wrong with this little guy (Torpedo Joe). Was he born with a birth defect? Should I just let him be and see how he develops as he gets older?

Tiki

Sounds like a deformed swim bladder, or something to do with the swim bladder, i dont know what to do but hopefully someone will chime in.

I thought swim bladder but what I don't get is hes been doing this on and off since he was born even before his first feed. So that made me think something else.. but I'm seriously clueless on this and what to do with the little guy.

I thought swim bladder but what I don't get is hes been doing this on and off since he was born even before his first feed. So that made me think something else.. but I'm seriously clueless on this and what to do with the little guy.

Swim bladder could make him sometimes swim fine then sometimes do flips like you described..

ok and thanks..... maybe I will try him with peas and see if more info comes along on how to deal with him.

So i have fed the little guy peas and that has not helped.. I have also tried the epsom salt.. still no changes in his swimming.. any one else out there have any ideas on whats going on or what I can try next. thanks

Back
Top Bottom