Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MLM754

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my mollies has a shimmy kind of shake. My tiger barb did the something before she died. Is there anything I can do to save her?

Shimmy is a common symptom among mollies that are living in less than ideal water conditions. Here is a quote of what another AA member said about this: "Mollies do best in water with some salt (aquarium salt, not table salt) in it. If you don't add salt, the molly could get stressed because they are not in the optimal environment for them. If no other fish is being a bully, and your parameters are good, try adding salt. Add one tablespoon per 5 gallons, but add it gradually throughout the day. Say you have a 10 gallon tank -- put 2 tablespoons of salt in a bowl, and gradually add some salt from the bowl to a cup of tank water. Dissolve the salt, and then add that water. Do this a few times during the day until you've added the whole bowl of salt." Hopefully this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom