moorish idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

power-blue tang

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
good day I research a moorish idol for my aquarium and I live has montréal connaiser you of the perssone that the sells and eseque it can deliver and how much his coute $$$$ thank-you in advance John

Moorish Idols are not recommended for any but the most advanced aquarists with large tanks. There survival rate in captivity is dismal, please leave this fish in the ocean.

reefrunner69 said:
Moorish Idols are not recommended for any but the most advanced aquarists with large tanks. There survival rate in captivity is dismal, please leave this fish in the ocean.
agreed

i read an article in a magazine by a guy that runs a big public aquarium in Hawaii and he says even he wont keep them cuz they are just too hard to acclimate to aquarium life, food ect

Ditto. Please do not consider purchaing a Moorish Idol. More than likely, it will die in captivity.

The best method to keep moorish idol is to keep it in the ocean. Its free and we dont have to worry abt feeding and maintaining it.

those fish are for the ocean my lfs tried keeping some in its big tank and all but one died
Mr. Marine

Moorish Idols n'en sont pas recommandés pour mais les aquarists les plus avançés avec de grands réservoirs. Là le taux de survie en captivité est morne, laissent svp ce poisson dans l'océan

Back
Top Bottom