More babies & cories are spawning (1st time)!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieanna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning to 7 more black molly fry! Then, just a few moments ago, one of my bronze cories started laying eggs! I'm pretty sure the other bronze is a male. It is smaller and keeps following her around and it seems to be cleaning leaves for her. How do I care for them when they hatch? What do I feed them and how many can I expect? The other fish in the tank are gouramis, red-eye tetras, a pleco, and mollies.

Best of luck! Mine spawned recently and of the eggs that stayed in the tank I have at least 4 surviving babies :)

It's been a little over 48 hours and so far about 20 of the corys have hatched! Watching the whole process over the past few days has been amazing and I'm glad I witness it. I've never had eggs in my tanks before. I rigged up a 1 gal tank inside my 20 gal for the fry. I dropped the water level in the 20 gal so the fry tank is secure inside. I put a small airstone in it. I couldn't afford to buy a new tank for them, so after an hour of thinking I came up with this idea. This morning I scraped all the eggs off the plants and glass in the 55 and dropped them in the fry tank. I got home from work today and have little guys. Hopefully this will hold them until I can get a new small tank for them.

*edit* Oh yea, I forgot to say that I put the 1 gal in the 20 so that the temperature wouldn't fluctuate. It's getting very cold here and my room temp is 66.

Just remember to change the water in the little tank frequently as you don't have any filtration in it - sounds like you are on the way to a cory family :)

Back
Top Bottom