more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
have a 40g breeder with stacked rock, and terra cotta pots. i have sand as a substrate. i have an aquaclear 50, and an aqueon 10 filter. thats 300gph of filtration which is not perfect, but i do 25 percent weekly wc's to keep my parameters in line. atm i have an all male tank, and my fish get along great. i have 1 male kenyi, 1 male acei, 1 male yellow lab, 1 male red zebra, and 1 male auloncara maylandi. i was wondering if i could add fish more cichlids, or get a bottom feeder like a catfish. i lve heard avout feather fin catcish, and raphael, but ill do some ore research on that. my stock isnt perfect, and of ot needs tweaking i could change it up. thanks, :)

i forgot one thing. i have an aqueon powerhead. i believe that it is rated at 400 gph.

If they are acting great I would not add another cichlid it might screw everything up you could add I think a Raphael catfish though.

josh7 said:
If they are acting great I would not add another cichlid it might screw everything up you could add I think a Raphael catfish though.

Raphaels will eat anything that fits in their mouth

I know but if the Africans are adults the Raphael will be fine with them they do have small mouths

oh yeah, all the cichlids are 2.5-3" ish

I completely recommend a feather fin. Mine is doing so well with a similar stock list. I do have issues feeding him though, my cichlids are pigs. Oink.

i think they look cool and all, but they get a bit too big for my tank. i read that they can get 8", and thats too big for my tank.

Yah I like featherfins but I think a 55-75 Is better for them than a 40 I just get a Raphael or even a bristlenose Pleco instead.

Back
Top Bottom