more than one anemone in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on how large your tank is. In a small tank I wouldn't add another. If you had a large tank in or around 50 gallons or larger...maybe. A bubble tip anemone is a good easy to care for anemone.

my tank is a 75 it is about 2 years old and i am currently using 65x4 current pc's but about to up grade if i can find a decent deal on a set of mh's

The RBTA can be a tough anemone to keep. The LTA that you have now is going to be LARGE...they can easily get 18"+ across when fully expanded. You may want to wait until you can get the MH before adding another anemone, BTAs and RBTAs like light.

If you plan on upgrading to MH soon it would be best to not add anything until the animals you currently have are acclimated to the new light. A lighting increase can be very stressful on coral and anemones and may cause the LTA to wander. That would increase the chance of the LTA and BTA running into each other and going to war. The stress of collection/transport to the LFS, to your tank, coupled with a lighting change soon after may be enough to push the RBTA over the edge, as well.
If you decide not to upgrade to MH, IMO a BTA should do ok w/ your current setup. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom