Moss Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Add your favorites...!

Only had this one handy which I just took and really like.
60074-albums13946-picture72251.jpg

Love hate relationship with this... Once you've put it in your tank, you'll have it forever... It likes to break off and start a new moss "colony" elsewhere in the tank... Usually choking out other plants or clogging filter intakes if not kept cleaned up...

Amblystegium serpens

CaqaerD.jpg

Love hate relationship with this... Once you've put it in your tank, you'll have it forever... It likes to break off and start a new moss "colony" elsewhere in the tank... Usually choking out other plants or clogging filter intakes if not kept cleaned up...

Amblystegium serpens

CaqaerD.jpg

That looks like Moss Tumbleweed, sounds like its behavior as well! I do not think I have seen this one before!

That looks like Moss Tumbleweed, sounds like its behavior as well! I do not think I have seen this one before!

If you're into egg dropping fish breeding like rainbows / tetras / CPD's etc. than this "moss" is your best friend.

Or value shrimplets hiding from hungry mouths.

Each individual "strand" acts like a stem plant on it's own, it's only when there is a clump of hundreds of "strands" together will it act moss like.

Here is some Java in my 15 Gal long.

Attachments

• Moss.jpg
    Moss.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 102
Took a couple before lights out tonight

Weeping moss in the apisto tank
9aHEPqF.jpg

Java from the shrimp tank
i5X58Nk.jpg

0hQGVI9.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

This is the moss ive been trimming in shape on the wood for 5 months now :)

Got a couple shots of the "Moss Jar"
Started as a planted old style baby turtle bowl which broke and was plopped into the big jar.

So on the bottom is DHG, and maybe Riccia and Subwassertang. It has Utricularia / Bladderwort (the pest kind no one wants - forgot the name atm) and I just left all the plants in there as to not spread it around the tanks. It doesn't seem to cause a bit of problem living with the moss, etc. But I can see how it would cause a gnarly mess in a pretty planted tank.

I love my moss jar!
3G Anchor Hocking Heritage Hills

The Bladderwort can be seen a little, looks like light green threads in between the moss.

60074-albums13946-picture72397.jpg

Closer up of the moss growing up the edge - and anyone else think the end of the piece of wood sticking out looks like the head of a duck?
60074-albums13946-picture72398.jpg

You can see a thread of the Bladderwort near the rim of the jar
60074-albums13946-picture72399.jpg

This was a month after planting the turtle bowl 2.5 years ago.
60074-albums13946-picture71221.jpg

4 months after planting end of summer growing for 4 months sitting under a deck patio getting nice warm dappled light and then some sunshine for a little while at the end of the day. Then moved inside for winter.
60074-albums13946-picture71595.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom