moving fish to another tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 2 tropical tanks stocked as follows

45gallon:
6 Guppys
3 Dwarf gouramis 2 male 1 female
20 neons
4 polkadot loaches
6 julii corys
1 leopard frog pleco

30g
1 Leopard bush fish
10 kuhli loaches
2 koi swordtails 1 male 1 female
2 mary golds swordtails female
1 wagtail swordtail male

Now i bought the 2 koi swordtails as females but i suspect the smallest is a undeveloped male so i have moved him to my 45g as he was being bullied by the wagtail sword. But now i see him swimming up and down the glass with his reflection and i think hes a bit lonely. I was thinking of putting the female koi in the 45g with him so there would be a pair in my 45g and 2 females and a male in my 30g. My original plan was just to have 4 females and a male in the 30g but it keeps going wrong. Ive already swapped one male koi for what SHOULD have been a female but i suspect it is also male cause of the harassment it gets. Do you think this will be ok i know livebearers are susposed to be kept 1:2 minimum but i dont want to add anymore fish to my 45g and they dont have anymore kois at the lfs. I was thinking of putting a male gourami in the 30g to balance it out a little aswell

Thanks

ForumRunner_20120213_194003.jpg

ForumRunner_20120213_194026.jpg

ForumRunner_20120213_194039.jpg

ForumRunner_20120213_194054.jpg

This is the one.. I think hes male but sometimes i see his anal fin open like a fan.. So im not sure

Mystery fish death.... Dont kno what happened. I went away with work for 2 days.. The missus said he was swimming tail down yesterday and died today... I loved my koi sword...bit sad about that.

lornajane89 said:
Mystery fish death.... Dont kno what happened. I went away with work for 2 days.. The missus said he was swimming tail down yesterday and died today... I loved my koi sword...bit sad about that.

Was the tank cycled? What are ur readings?

Yeah both my tanks are fully cycled. Readings are 0.0.30 in my 45g and 0.0.5 in my 30g. I just hope it wasnt contagious whatever he died of. Hes been in both my tanks now. Saying that he came out of the same tank/stock as my other koi and wagtail and they are ok so...i need set up a qt

In your first photo it appears the fishes tail and fins are clamped. With livebearers this is a sign that something is wrong(illness). Just for future reference;)

Back
Top Bottom