Moving my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ndw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a male betta in a community tank with a few other fish, he has been fine with the others since I've had him but I bought a 5 gallon tank as I want to transfer him to his own tank I have a few questions
1. Will this have an effect on him seem as he's been in community for a few month and 2. How are bettas with shrimp as I am thinking of having a few shrimp in with him

He should be fine by himself, they aren't very social creatures in the first place, and with shrimp, it totally depends on your beta, and his/her personality, so you could test it with a few ghost shrimp, which re hard to see, and if they're still alive after a while you could try cherries. Hope this helped.

Nils

Thank you. He seems like a very placid betta. My first attempt with a betta in a community and I was shocked at how relaxed and unbothered he is so Id like to think he would be ok with a couple of cherry shrimp.

Just watch out because I had a betta that after I moved him he got fin Rot which can be due to suddenly moving a fish into a different tank or can be from fluorescent lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He might be timid at first. Mine pouted when I put a tank divider in his 10 gallon kingdom.

Like stated, with bettas, everything is a hit or miss depending on their personality. RCS are notorious to become food or just get harassed by bettas because of their bright coloration. If you were to do shrimp I would try Amano or Glass shrimp. They are less colorful and harder for the Betta to see.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom