Mudskippers new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
They love it. Its still not done yet i need to get a background and a better filter but they will be just fine for now

They are so cool. How are the behaviors of the fish?

its a 29 gal filled with about 23 gallons of water. I am thinking of getting a figure 8 puffer and maybe some bumble bee gobies. im going to get a black background an it will make it look a lot nicer. i want a stone cave in there some where. Im thinking of maybe a java moss wall but i do not know how it will do in the brackish water

Puffers are very aggressive and need brackish water I would suggest something else I'm sure ull hear this again

They are so cool. How are the behaviors of the fish?
They are only really aggressive when it comes to feeding. it can be amusing when i feed them if one has a cricket sticking out of his mouth the other one sometimes will take it from them. other then that i never see them attack each other. when one comes close sometimes they raise their fins but after a few seconds they put them down.

Homer8 said:
They are only really aggressive when it comes to feeding. it can be amusing when i feed them if one has a cricket sticking out of his mouth the other one sometimes will take it from them. other then that i never see them attack each other. when one comes close sometimes they raise their fins but after a few seconds they put them down.

Just letting u know mostly everyone here will suggest they not mix with any fish besides themselves I'm trying to help

Puffers are very aggressive and need brackish water I would suggest something else I'm sure ull hear this again

mudskippers are brackish and i have seen many examples of mudskippers and puffers together. ive mostly seen figure 8s but some GSP. i think GSP would be too aggressive and they get to big plus are full marine when adults. The mudskippers spend 90% of their time out of the water anyway and the time in the water is in the shallow part just to wet themselves.

thank you. does anyone have any luck with plants in brackish. I was also thinking of instead of that rock in the back corner that i would get a few terrarium plants and build a small box out of plexiglass so no brackish water gets to them

Homer8 said:
thank you. does anyone have any luck with plants in brackish. I was also thinking of instead of that rock in the back corner that i would get a few terrarium plants and build a small box out of plexiglass so no brackish water gets to them

Look on plantgeek they have a section of brackish plants if I remember right

Look on plantgeek they have a section of brackish plants if I remember right

That was actually perfect because i have hornwort but i dont want to put it in to that tank. Im want micro sword or some kind of grass and the moss balls. Those things are so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom