Mumma's 8g riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been a looong time since I've updated. Plants have gone completely crazy. They have grown so high that they almost touch the light. The peace lily has been flowering like crazy for the past few months. Silly thing keeps shooting them up into the light so many of them have been burnt.

image-2110782379.jpg

image-3778231510.jpg

image-2985228000.jpg

image-2652922735.jpg

image-3720382414.jpg

image-4098734189.jpg

image-2833808094.jpg

image-1147747763.jpg

Autumnsky said:
Wow, what type is the light bulb ant wattage?

Creatures?

It's a cfl. Started out as a 20w, then I think I swapped it for an 18w, now it's a 14w (I think) because the plants are so close. I need to figure out a way to suspend a light higher. I've had it off a lot lately and the plants have been doing fine with ambient light from the window. All the aquatic ones except the anubias died or got removed. They couldn't get enough light. And it's still just the betta, August, and some pond snails.

image-1220987263.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly, I tore this tank down a few months ago. The betta was moved to another tank but unfortunately surcumbed to a tumor on his head. The plants are still sitting in a bucket awaiting a new home. It was a great little tank while it lasted.

Hi Mumma...what is the name of this plant? The one with the pinkish tint in the leaves? I have one of this in a pot outside. My existing 10G (40L) does not have a resident for months now. And I have read both your reparium and your paludarium tanks and I am thinking of merging both of this techniques in my empty tank. I was just happy to see that this plant can have the root submerged in water. I can use this for my new project. And I hope you won't mind me copying your technique using the shower cabby as a planter. :) I always learn something from you each time I read your threads. I also read Wy's Bog Tank and his Paludarium too. Both of you are my inspiration in this project.

Hi Mumma...what is the name of this plant? The one with the pinkish tint in the leaves? I have one of this in a pot outside. My existing 10G (40L) does not have a resident for months now. And I have read both your reparium and your paludarium tanks and I am thinking of merging both of this techniques in my empty tank. I was just happy to see that this plant can have the root submerged in water. I can use this for my new project. And I hope you won't mind me copying your technique using the shower cabby as a planter. :) I always learn something from you each time I read your threads. I also read Wy's Bog Tank and his Paludarium too. Both of you are my inspiration in this project.

Hey daileene. It's an arrowhead vine (syngonium). Exactly what kind I don't know. It started out green with some grayish parts then grew pink leaves later on. Of course I don't mind if you use the shower caddies! :D

Hey daileene. It's an arrowhead vine (syngonium). Exactly what kind I don't know. It started out green with some grayish parts then grew pink leaves later on. Of course I don't mind if you use the shower caddies! :D

ohhh arrowhead vine...that is interesting. :) Thank you so much for letting me know what it is. I have been racking my brains but nobody can tell me around in my area. :facepalm:

and thank you so much for giving me permission to use your technique. :D I cannot wait to re-purpose my tank. :) You are the best!(y)

ohhh arrowhead vine...that is interesting. :) Thank you so much for letting me know what it is. I have been racking my brains but nobody can tell me around in my area. :facepalm:

and thank you so much for giving me permission to use your technique. :D I cannot wait to re-purpose my tank. :) You are the best!(y)

Make sure to let me know if you post any pics!

More like 10+ lol. Not because it needed it but because it didn't have a timer for a long time and I'm lazy. 8 hours per day will be fine. :)

Okay! I have a timer so that should be good. :) yours like the extra time of light coz they grew crazy, which is really cool! My neighbor has a peace lily. I wonder if she will give me some!:angel:

Back
Top Bottom