Mumma's 8g riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That tank looks amazing! I love how some of the plants' leaves hang over the edge! :) My only suggestion is LED Moonlights/spotlights for night time.

That looks fantastic, I just might have to try my skill (or lack thereof :lol: )at a tank like that. :cool:

LyndaB said:
That looks fantastic, I just might have to try my skill (or lack thereof :lol: )at a tank like that. :cool:

You should! It's turned out a lot easier to do than I imagined.

Coursair said:
I keep thinking this would be an awesome reply to those who try the stupid vase stuffed with a plant and no room for the fish ;)

Haha! Yeah. 'As long as it looks pretty on the table' :S poor fish :/

Last edited:
Your spath is looking awesome! I see lots of blooming. Sorry, I missed a few pages of this. Did you get ever put a different fish in there after your sparkler passed away?

absolutangel04 said:
Your spath is looking awesome! I see lots of blooming. Sorry, I missed a few pages of this. Did you get ever put a different fish in there after your sparkler passed away?

I did :) a Betta. There's a picture of him a few posts up. His names August.
I'm looking forward to getting flowers. Everything's growing like crazy! Guaranteed I'll post pics if/when it happens. :)

Wy Renegade said:
Looking good - you'll have to be careful, those plants may outgrow that tank soon LOL.

Lol! They are growing so fast! I'm thinking of clipping some of their roots off to neaten up the tank a bit. Some go from one need of the tank to curl around at the other end.

Scouser said:
Looks great mumma :)

New plant ideas.

I previously used a Coral colored mini Anthurium, they bloom like crazy with good light. And soooo pretty.

Just thought, how about variegated mint/pineapple mint would smell good in the house when you brushed against it, we used to grow it in our window vase garden.

I have a 32 half Hex which I don't like due to the tiny opening for the lid so I was thinking of loosing the lid and going Riparium. Already had two recommendations for that option. It has guppies and a Fantail.

Also I was thinking of using small coco fiber or sphagnum peat moss liners (pH issues?) or make your own with a stainless wire kitchen basket.

(I love your Arrowhead, there are so many leaf variations,`it's my favorite)

Autumnsky said:
I previously used a Coral colored mini Anthurium, they bloom like crazy with good light. And soooo pretty.

Just thought, how about variegated mint/pineapple mint would smell good in the house when you brushed against it, we used to grow it in our window vase garden.

I have a 32 half Hex which I don't like due to the tiny opening for the lid so I was thinking of loosing the lid and going Riparium. Already had two recommendations for that option. It has guppies and a Fantail.

Also I was thinking of using small coco fiber or sphagnum peat moss liners (pH issues?) or make your own with a stainless wire kitchen basket.

(I love your Arrowhead, there are so many leaf variations,`it's my favorite)

Hi! Just noticed your post! You should give it a go. My rips been up for months now and is really simple to care for.

Bit of an update.
I had to remove the planters and trim the roots of the plants. They were growing so well the roots had grown into the filter and around the heater. The 'temporary' cotton strings gave way and the planters dropped so I replaced it with fishing line. I also replaced the floor lamp with a clip on desk lamp because the plants have gotten really tall. I'll post some pics later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom