Mumma's 8g riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scouser said:
Well I'm back at home because dad can get me work so it'd be sweet talking mum.

21 living at home :S well hopefully I can get a house soon lol.

There's always a way! (I moved back home at 21 briefly too lol)

Has anyone got any suggestions for the underwater part? It needs plants but I don't want anything huge.

I've got some anubias. I'll put them in and have a look. I'm kind of stuck how to scape the underwater part. :/ I've got to buy a new bulb for my 17g at bunnings (hardware store) sometime this week so I'll have a look in the pond section when I'm there.

Mumma.of.two said:
I've got some anubias. I'll put them in and have a look. I'm kind of stuck how to scape the underwater part. :/ I've got to buy a new bulb for my 17g at bunnings (hardware store) sometime this week so I'll have a look in the pond section when I'm there.

Sounds good :)

Keep us posted love :)

Have you ever heard of manzanita wood? Its a type of tree found in tue US. It might be dicey finding a way to get it to australia, but I think it would do nice things for your tank.

aqua_chem said:
Have you ever heard of manzanita wood? Its a type of tree found in tue US. It might be dicey finding a way to get it to australia, but I think it would do nice things for your tank.

Yes, I've heard of it. I'm not sure of its availability. Will have to go looking. It would only get through customs if it's treated which rules it out for a tank. I have mopani in some other tanks.

Would you recommend bacopa or ludwigia growing out if the 'planters' to help obscure them? I suck with plant names and am finding it difficult to find something suitable.

Edit: manzanita most definitely available here :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom