Mumma's 8g riparium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
My sparklers have always been totally fine with the other nano fish I've kept them with, but all of the sudden they are chasing my embers around.

Mumma the tank is looking beautiful!

I guess I'm not the only only one : /

Your bog is amazing!!!
They do look the same. I'm no expert on plants though. Waiting on pictures of your riparium :) I got a mention! :D

Thanks! Plants look pretty similar, I'll be curious to see the flowers if/when yours blooms. Updated both the bog and the riparium, and of course you get a mention. Your thread is the reason I started doing some more looking! Thanks for that as well.

Wy Renegade said:
Thanks! Plants look pretty similar, I'll be curious to see the flowers if/when yours blooms. Updated both the bog and the riparium, and of course you get a mention. Your thread is the reason I started doing some more looking! Thanks for that as well.

:D keep those picture coming! They are giving me all sorts of ideas my husbands going love...... Not! Lol

On a sadder note the little gourami was found dead. :( I was half expecting it for some reason. I think I'm going to leave it empty for a while. My Betta seems very happy in his 2.5g. Has a constant bubble nest going so I'd feel bad moving him.

Oh, sad day! Poor little guy! I have heard they are very sensitive and a lot of people have a hard time with them. :(

I like it a lot, I think the drift wood rising up and out of the water adds a whole different dimension to the tank. the DW adds a sense of confinement to the plants which I like, and creates a definite open space on the left.

Wy Renegade said:
I like it a lot, I think the drift wood rising up and out of the water adds a whole different dimension to the tank. the DW adds a sense of confinement to the plants which I like, and creates a definite open space on the left.

Thanks! The more I stare at it, the more I like it. Once all the plants have grown around it, it will become one 'piece' and fit much better.

Put some moss or anubias where the wood is breaking the water line that would look awesome to see emergent growth right there. Anubias will prob flower for you that way which would look great there. Btw tank is amazing great job!

The way this Aquarium looks, makes me want to use my unused 5 Gallon as this type of setup! How much work would it be to keep this type of setup going, cause for some reason this looks like a High Maintenance setup.

absolutangel04 said:
I agree with Wy. I really like it with the wood sticking out. :)

Thanks!

LyndaB said:
That looks so cool! Will you please come to my house and make me one? :popcorn:

Thank you! Haha! I would if you bought the plane ticket! Lol. ;)

Discusapisto said:
Put some moss or anubias where the wood is breaking the water line that would look awesome to see emergent growth right there. Anubias will prob flower for you that way which would look great there. Btw tank is amazing great job!

Thank you. I have got some anubias in there just floating around at the moment. I will attach them soon. :) If they grow emergent that would be awesome!

Ziggs180 said:
The way this Aquarium looks, makes me want to use my unused 5 Gallon as this type of setup! How much work would it be to keep this type of setup going, cause for some reason this looks like a High Maintenance setup.

So far, it's very easy. :) I've been putting some liquid ferts in the water maybe once a week or so. Other than that and potting the plants I haven't touched them. Will the maintenance getting harder in the future? No idea, never done anything like this before. You should give it a go! You just have to make sure you use plants that like wet 'feet'.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Maybe I missed this part, but are you planning on keeping the filter exposed like that?

I was thinking of going filterless after the plants are established. I put that in with seeded media for the gourami but haven't taken it out yet. It's VERY ugly in the corner there. Lol.

So far, it's very easy. :) I've been putting some liquid ferts in the water maybe once a week or so. Other than that and potting the plants I haven't touched them. Will the maintenance getting harder in the future? No idea, never done anything like this before. You should give it a go! You just have to make sure you use plants that like wet 'feet'.

Would Root tabs work for this type of setup? I'd rather use that than buy ferts, I have Excel but thats about it. What other types of Semi-aquatic plants and aquatic plants would work? I might put a Betta in with some Ghost Shrimp.

Ziggs180 said:
Would Root tabs work for this type of setup? I'd rather use that than buy ferts, I have Excel but thats about it. What other types of Semi-aquatic plants and aquatic plants would work? I might put a Betta in with some Ghost Shrimp.

I suppose they would if you put the in the planters. Excel would be pointless because the plants have access to co2 in the air. Any plants that grow in marginal area. Some common house plants work. That's what I have. There is a whole section on this sort of stuff over at 'the planted tank'. :)

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Oh okay. I agree though, the filter kind of sticks out a bit. You could look into different ways of covering it, though.

I've been thinking maybe a DIY mini canister filter or something similar. That way it could sit behind the tank. The tanks too small for an internal filter to fit along with everything else and there isn't room for HOB to be hidden.

image-2912352282.jpg

Bad pic sorry
I glued some anubias onto the wood. Managed to glue my fingers together. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom