Mushroom moved off his rock, and has now disappeared under the LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phlex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Should I try to retrieve him from under the LR? or is he finding a place to sleep?!

If you can find it, try attaching it to some rubble rock. Get some bridal veil to wrap around the mushroom and glue the ends to the rock. The mushroom will attach and you can remove the bridal veil in a couple of week.
Place it in a low flow area. It might have had too much or direct flow and that's why it detached in the first place.

Although mushrooms can release a rock, they don't decide where to go and move on their own. It's under the rock because that's where the current sent him.

Cool thanks for the advice guys. In retrospect, the spot where it ended up, seems to be perfect for it. Gets good light, and low flow.. and Is protected by the rock. And as far as them not moving on their own, all 4 of the mushrooms that I got were attachted to one piece of LR rubble. After a 8hr dark period, all 4 had moved from one side of the rock to the other. And they are in a low flow area already.

Not disputing or arguing, just sayin they moved! ;p

Yeah, I belive they can move on a rock a bit, but not a long way. I thought you were implying it un-attached it self and moved, I thought it likely blew into another spot. Thanks for the lesson. :) Never knew that.

Back
Top Bottom