must resist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
so, I'm fighting the urge to add anything to my tanks... don't really have anymore space. I'd be getting a bigger tank at the moment if my school hadn't screwed up on my paycheck (working at the campus radio station) and now I'm just itching to change/add/do something with my tanks. How do you guys resist? Or do you?

Well, with 7 tanks, it is hard to resist. Right now, we are putting off a African peacock tank. We really have no room, or outlets for another tank.

I just keep trying to convince myself that I can fit one more fish, but I'm trying to be strong :roll:

I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy more cichlids and a pleco for my 58 gal, some tetras for my planted 10 gal, and some tiger barbs for my empty 7 gal.

I might be out-of-work for a few months after my contract ends in October, and I probably shouldn't be spending any money on fish right now. :?
Also, depending on where I get a new job, I may have to move, and those barely-occupied tanks may become critical to house the fish I already have while I drain/move/setup the big tank.

So, I've just been moving stuff around in the tanks whenever I do a gravel vac.

hehe, I'm trying to convince my roomie to get a tank that I could "help" her with, that way I'm not spending money. But no luck there *sigh* ... and I saw this cute lil female betta no one wanted at wally world because she wasn't the normal "pretty betta" but I thought she was beautiful. Kinda this pale creamy white with red-ish colored fins... man, I'm tempted to go there now and pick her up... *getting fidgety*

aww man... wish I had read this earlier when wally world was still open... I might make a trip tomorrow during my lunch time now, if she is still there, then I'll certainly get her. You guys were suppose to support me so I wouldn't get anymore fishies. Hopefully soon I'll get that big beautiful tank I can imagine in my head and I'll have a school of cory cats, add more danios to my origional group... it'll be a fun tank full of active fishies and all the little betta girls I've resecued because they are always the last ones on the shelf at the end of the week (I have a soft spot for these girls, and they are the only ones who get names... my roommate probably worries sometimes). I hope I can still save her...

wish I had read this earlier when wally world was still open... You guys were suppose to support me so I wouldn't get anymore fishies.
Right, then you wouldn't have told us about her. Once the fish has a face, it's all over!

haha, obviously! Ok, she's home with me now... you guys just happened to convince me (like it wasn't easy... I'm such a pushover *sigh*) and since school was out because of Ivan, it was obviously a sign to go get her :roll: Turns out there was a whole new shipment and I was afraid she would have been thrown out because I didn't see her on the top rack which was where she had origionally been. So after going through all the fish (and there were some VERY pretty fish this time... actually some males had made bubblenests too!) I finally found her tucked away in the back on the bottom shelf. She is very very tiny (and I've been noticing they sell the girls much younger than the boys) and is now waiting to be introduced to the tank. Can't tell ya too much about her true color just yet because my lights are off, but I'm suspecting she'll be a little irredecent/creamy white. My two other girls are inspecting her closely (which is how my first one treated my second so I am not too worried) and I expect a little flaring. Nothing serious, but I'll keep an eye on them for the next couple of days. I swear they act like a little sorority. Maybe I'll go borrow my friend's digi camera and try to get a couple shots for ya. Any ideas on names? I was thinking about Storm since Ivan is on top of us at the moment (it wouldnt be so bad if our water table wasn't already oversaturated, I crossed through about a foot of water going to walmart, thankfully I have a jeep) but that isn't very origional. Just so you know, my other two girls are named Audrey and Rosa. Ok, I'm rambling now, so I'm gonna shut up :mrgreen:

yay! she is in the tank now and I can't believe how much her color has changed!! Ok, you know how I was saying she was this creamy white with brownishy-red fins? Well, she has completely changed to take on a pinkish wash (still with the white base) with a very light blue/green irredescent wash on the upper part of her body. Her fins have a really pretty pinkish red color now and are accented with that irredescent blue/green as well. I can't believe this transformation in color!!! The two other girls seemed to have accepted her as if they had been family. She is also tagging along behind my largest girl, Audrey (also the 1st one I got), and seems to feel comfort in being close to her. SOOOOO CUTE!! Now I'm glad I got her, but now I definitly don't have any more room until I save enough money for the big tank I want :D

oh my god WALMART IS EVIL never in my life have i seen such blatant animal cruelty. i even wrote some letters to the headquarters and to the manager told him i would work for free to bring their fish tanks to proper levels and maintain them and they completely ignored me. i told them i would call the aspca or something if they didnt act. there were pictus cats 4 of them floating around aimlessly covered in ich and fungus gasping for breath, they were still barely there after 4 days. so i got in the tank and dosed them with the products they had right next to the shelf, hence i am no longer allowed in walmart and i had to pay a ticket even though the cop said it was the right thing... i hadnt thought of this in ages...

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Back
Top Bottom