My 10g planted tank and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh!! Another thing. I need a cover to prevent my Betta from jumping out. He hasn't attempted one yet. But I'm scared regardless. I've tried mesh cloth but that seems to blackout quiet abit light so I'm looking for a different alternative. The top of my tank isn't a perfect square.

So I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks ;)

Alright, here's a pic with my Betta in it! :) I also trimmed my ambulia! Resulted in a much brighter tank :)

I'm waiting till next weekend to buy my cards! As I'm waiting for my NLS to arrive! :)

Attachments

• image-2457417388.jpg
    image-2457417388.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 121
Mr. Limpet said:
Looks great!

At some point I want an aquatic forest just like that, only in a 75g :D.

Haha ya for sure! I love the planted aquarium! Looks so much better! I would love to do it at a much bigger scale one day :)

Update: 12/06
Did more trimming and pretty happy with everything ATM! My java moss finally attached itself onto my 3D background! And my tiger lotus is growing really well! With 4 new shoots that seems to be low laying which is what I want :)

Here's a pic to see what I mean

Attachments

• image-2346311909.jpg
    image-2346311909.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 105
Guys just another question. Im currently getting a total 54watts from my light fixture (2x27w). Would it be enough for me to just have one of the 27w PL lights on at one time? I'm getting fuzz algae which is really annoying. The plants I currently have are
-ambulia
-water sprite
-tiger lotus
-blyxa
-java moss
-and some plant I can't identify

Thanks.

You should look into the gold tetras, they're the same size as the cards.

O no... Problem. My Betta attempted to attack my cards. :( not very happy. So I've separated them. My Betta is currently in a breeding box.

I'm planning to leave the Betta in the breeding box for 1 week allowing my cards to settle down.

What do y'all think?

some bettas work in community, some don't. Smaller tanks seem to make this more of an issue, so it may never get resolved, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing by separating them for a while to see if maybe he will get used to them.

Hubert90 said:
O no... Problem. My Betta attempted to attack my cards. :( not very happy. So I've separated them. My Betta is currently in a breeding box.

I'm planning to leave the Betta in the breeding box for 1 week allowing my cards to settle down.

What do y'all think?

Do you keep a mirror in with your betta? That's a start since he's probably looking at them as invaders.

What else is in the tank?

Am reading this thread with much interest Hubert90, as I am going to be doing very similar! a 10 Gallon tank aimed at a Betta but wanting to find the perfect tankmates for him!

Mr. Limpet said:
Do you keep a mirror in with your betta? That's a start since he's probably looking at them as invaders.

What else is in the tank?

No no mirror. Just ottos, Malaysian trumpets, and now cards. Hmm he gave one a pretty big nip I believe and now I can only count 5. I'm hoping he's hiding somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom