My 125 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super4Ever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

My fiance knew how badly I was wanting another tank and when we found a brand new 125 gallon she told me to jump on it.

We've done everything together, picking out the fish, the plants, the wood, and the decorations. It's both our tank and we're having a great time with it.

I've taken a few pictures to share with you all, but if anyone want's to request any I can do that as well.

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

Comments and questions are always welcome.

Wow, that's a really nice tank.

Do I see 3 Aquaclear filters on it?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only thing I see wrong with your beautiful setup is the legs holding up the tank, it looks like it needs more support for that kind of water weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The only thing I see wrong with your beautiful setup is the legs holding up the tank, it looks like it needs more support for that kind of water weight.

That's an iron stand. You could park a truck on it.

Lol ok it just looks like I could push the side and it would collapse haha.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've actually added more driftwood and plants some expect some more pictures soon.

I have quite a few fish in there already, I really need to make a list soon. I tend to try interesting combinations in my tanks.

For instance I have three discus, two angels, congo tetras, giant danios, roseline sharks, Pearl Gourami, two types of Apistos, German Rams, Bolivian Rams, Kribs, couple of Plecos, and some Cory Cats.

You would think the aggression would be bad with all those Cichlids but honestly there's little to no issues.

Are iron stands the strongest stands?

Whats the safest and strongest?

I always get paranoid with cabinets and stands collapsing.

Me?
I was actually being serious...

I wanted to know which stands are the strongest. Cause I thought pinewood cabinets were the strongest.

I would say a DIY 2x4 stand would be the best.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those Cade tanks that come with aluminum frame stands (glass doors) that you need to put together yourself, are they strong?

steel, not iron. you arent getting iron stock.

mild 1010 steel square tubing 1x1 .25" wall thickness is plenty for a 125er

Back
Top Bottom