My 20 gallon long tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, I was just kidding, sorry I like to joke a lot, hope I didn't make anyone mad :)
So here is the list, sounds like a lot, but I will be running a 50 gallon filter, plants? And some of these fish have a very small bio load, plus I checked on aqadvisor, so here it is
1 Bolivian ram
5 Kuhli loaches
10 neon tetras
1 bn pleco
1 dwarf gourami
5 cherry barbs
2 ballon Molly's
Also one question, will the ram and gourami fight?
Thanks!

There just seems to be a lot going on for that sized tank. I would choose either the ram or the gourami, not both. I like plecs but personally wouldn't keep one since they're poop machines :rolleyes: 10 is a very nice sized group for the neons. The mollies seem out of place....any particular reason you added them?

There just seems to be a lot going on for that sized tank. I would choose either the ram or the gourami, not both. I like plecs but personally wouldn't keep one since they're poop machines :rolleyes: 10 is a very nice sized group for the neons. The mollies seem out of place....any particular reason you added them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, I could remove the cherry barbs and the pleco, with that can I keep the ram and gourami?
I don't know, I feel like the Molly's are out of place too, but I wanted a pair of another type of fish to finish it off, any recommendations on what else would look good?

I would remove the Molly's as it should be a 2:1 ratio of males and females, if you wanted them to pair. I would recommend dropping the gourami and just getting a pair of Bolivians, instead of just 1 Bolivian.

I would remove the Molly's as it should be a 2:1 ratio of males and females, if you wanted them to pair. I would recommend dropping the gourami and just getting a pair of Bolivians, instead of just 1 Bolivian.

I would gladly get 2 Bolivian Rams, but my fish store only sells males so :/

Bolivians are pretty tough to sex.. you could bring home 5 and see what happens, remove as needed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bolivians are pretty tough to sex.. you could bring home 5 and see what happens, remove as needed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't want to do that, honestly I'll just stick to one, my doubts are on the other fish though, especially if the ram and gourami will fight

I don't want to do that, honestly I'll just stick to one, my doubts are on the other fish though, especially if the ram and gourami will fight

That would be my concern too. The closest experience I have to your situation is keeping a trio of German rams in a community tank with sparkling gouramis. Hopefully someone else has some insight for you.

Back
Top Bottom