My 40 breeder tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added some live rubble rock to seed dry rock today and got a red legged hermit crabImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419218167.056973.jpg the lady that always helps me threw in some macro algae for free. It is red with a fluorescent orange edge.

I got a tunze nano ATO for Christmas, so no more bucket hauling

The Banggai died Monday morning so I picked up 2 perc. Clowns todayImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419635568.157713.jpg

Why did the cardinal die?? What are your parameters? Usually not the best idea to add new fish when one has just mysteriously died?? Im just a simple fw' tanker so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It was stuck to the filter when I woke up last Tuesday morning. It had no signs of diesease and all the parameters were spot on. Sometimes sw fish die for unexplained reasons.

I would agree to looking into it 1st... In my few years of keeping SW fish there was a reason for all the losses I had. I'm not saying that everyone must find one and that you always will... But I'd hate to see you lose those clowns too.what test kit are u using?

They are still doing great. I think the Banggai was just stressed out and at night drifted towards filter and wasn't strong enough to get off.

What should my next fish be? I kinda want a wrasse of some sort. It's needs to be hardy easy to keep and get along with my clowns. (Preferably not a six line)

Thanks are there any that are hardier than others

Not that I know of. They all seem to be easy to keep as long as they are eating. Though every wrasse I've ever kept that I didn't sell ended up going carpet surfing. Some immediately, and some years later. Beware of eggcrate/light diffuser panels....fish see the holes as they look up and actually aim for them to escape. The holes must be too small for the fish to jump through.

Will a wrasse fit through the hole in the egg crate
It is .5"

What about a bicolor blenny. Would my tank be good for one?

Back
Top Bottom