My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think that if you can get your hands on some media from a cycled tank you'll finish cycling. My tank was on a bigtime stall and my friend gave me some media from her cycled tank and mine was cycled within a week! Good luck!

If I can use my brother's paypal, Phlex will be sending me some established filter media :) so excited.

I HAVE NITRITES I HAVE NITRITES! :DDDD ITS like at .020 ppm. so happy!

i don't know what happened, im sure I tested right, and I read it right, my nitrites are back at zero :,(

Phlex is having problems with the EFM, so worst comes to worst Im trying bio spira. Im personally against it, but if it does actually cycle properly I'll have to spend an EXTRA week testing it by pouring in some fish food or something. And sorry if this getting annoying. :?

Getting my new camera either tomorrow or the day after, so pictures will be making these updates a little less boring. :b

My original order of the Panasonic lumix ts2 didn't work out due to every store being out of stock. Decoded to go to Sony with a tx10. It should be here tomorrow. :) then come pictures !

Hydroids go away easy as water improves. I get them in every tank I'm cycling with live rock, and they go away when the cycle is done. Algae over runs them and they die off.

For some reason the media phlex had didn't convert when he tested, so I just ordered some bio spira. (last resort) I hear good things about it. If it all cycles well, I'll spend another week testing it.

Sarcothelia said:
Hydroids go away easy as water improves. I get them in every tank I'm cycling with live rock, and they go away when the cycle is done. Algae over runs them and they die off.

Not if I'm feeding the dwarf seahorses Copepods and baby brine shrimp. I've never heard of them just dying off. They always seem to come back.

Thanks. It says use the whole bottle for 30 gallons. Not sure on my 5 gallon... May just dose with 2 caps full.

... I know I know. I guess this is one of those situations where math actually can be applied. -__- I've been dreading this day. I poured 1/6 of the bottle. It looks like pee water.

Back
Top Bottom