My 90Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I have check CL but unfortunately I live near the Mexican border and it's very rare to find any fish tank related products on CL. The nearest would be about a 3 hour drive away.

On the fishneedit should the white light be 14000 or 10000? It gives you the choice at checkout.

14k is a choice now? darn it! lol I only had 10k and 20k to choose from....

I like blue in my tank so i would have gone with 14k's....but it depends on your preference

Thats a very good light from my research, if I were getting a good fixture that's what I would probably buy. :-D

That's the fixture I'll be buying sometime shortly after Christmas. I'll be sure to leave a review.

Rich42082 said:
Reasonably priced?

Nothing in this hobby is reasonably priced lol. This is the only 8 bulb fixture I've come across and its $10 cheaper than the 6 bulb they offer.

Isn't too much light bad though? Won't you get an algae break out and then have to limit the amount of time that the light is turned on?

I think I'm going to go with the fishneedit light.

you aren't putting too much light over the tank- you are putting the right amount to keep anything you want.
not only that, but with good water parameters you won't run into algae issues. it's folks with high nitrates and phosphates that have algae problems.
you will be sorry you purchased a 4 bulb fixture. you will be quite limited.

Ok I'll take your advise and I'll get an 8 bulb light. Not sure which one though $500 is a bit too much for right now.

I get my new tank on Wednesday!!!!

Dumb question but I got to ask.

Do you use ro di water to cycle new tank or do you use tap water?

Well my light got here and I realized I ordered the wrong sunlight supply fixture. Marine depot was really nice abt it too, and let me ship it back and order another one, so I went with the one that BallinCrew recomended. It seems to be a way nicer light, coming with the lamps and having a built in timmer, and much better price! Very excited, they said it should be here in 4 buisness days! I also have finally moved some snails into the tank! Vey exciting! I'm probally going to get some hermits this week as well!

i like the second one better than the first because the first one appears to have one flat reflector. it's not going to be efficient.
you should really look for a fixture that has individual reflectors for each lamp. the reflector is very important with T5s.
what's the depth of your tank front to back?

Back
Top Bottom