My bamboo shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukerdan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a bamboo shrimp (singapor flower shrimp) for my 10 gallon a few weeks ago, as a replacement for the 5 ghosts i had, that my knight goby thought it would be fun to kill...

Hes gone through lots of color changes, almost daily,
right now hes doing one of his favorite things.
Hes perched sideways on my mini colleseum right where the air stone bubbles up.Hes filtering that water, he does this once or twice a day for a few hours.

After that he will prowl the bottom of the tank and lift and brush clean all the graval he comes accross. When hes done with that, he hangs upside down from my drift wood and filters / rests there..

Just thought this was interesting, hes a VERY good cleaner

I recomend them to any tank that doesnt have a big catfish (the cause of demise of my last one :( )

Ya they are great shrimp. I have two vampire shrimp. They are similar, they are both filter feeders. Just vampire shrimp tend to be more shy.

no, they filter the water, some people put micro foods in there for their shrimp, I have no need to. When i feed the fish, my shrimp gets rather excited and hurries to his favorite perch, face first in the bubbles. and grabs every crumb he can catch.

When its not feeding time, he prowls the bottom of the tank, brushing all the rocks he comes accross, and stuffing his face with food particles, or he hangs upside down from my driftwood

Kukerdan... Just an FYI my Knight Gobies ate my ghost shrimp as well... Then last night they killed one of my bamboo shrimp and then today another... I took the remaining one back to the store to save its little life but they were in the tank together for months and then bam. Just something to watch for

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom